Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well, it's time for Word of the Week Wednesday

Well, first of all, I need to apologize for being absent and even missing last Wednesday's word. Well, we got a new computer last Wednesday and made the switch from PC to Mac. So it's been a little crazy getting it switched over, and we also bought a new Canon camera that we are learning how to use. Well, as a result, I haven't had as much time or my regular set up for computer usage, but hopefully now I can get going again. It doesn't help any that my hubby has totally been hogging the new computer. Yes, I am actually typing this post on our old PC, which is on the floor. Not comfy, but what can you do?

Well, the word I've chosen is probably a word you've already gotten sick of during this post...WELL. Yes, well.

I major time overuse this word when I'm typing dialog. All of my characters are well-ing it up, all of the time. It makes me crazy! I wish they'd knock it off. :)

Ya, I don't know what my dealio is, but I need to stop making my characters say this word! It haunts me. It haunts them. Fortunately, most of them get D-leeeeted before anyone else sees them.

Of course, this is only one of several words I have to give a swift kick in the butt to during revisions and editing.

Now you tell me about the obnoxious word(s) that plague your manuscripts...

1 comment:

  1. My characters are always saying "yeah". Not sure why I have such affection for that word.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...